Mercer Island Farmers Market is passionate about supporting our farmers.
Come visit on Sundays and discover where your food comes from, what you are eating and feeding your family. Healthy foods fuel healthy bodies. http://ow.ly/i/5Y5QM
We are ready to kick-off the new season with you! 10 New Vendors! 35 Returning Vendors! For details, please see Farmers & Vendors. Plant a sunflower at the Children’s Table & enjoy the tunes of Garrett and Westcott. To celebrate the growing season we’ll have plant starts from Cascadian Edibles Eat Your Yard, planted herb pots & more. Come celebrate our community, our great farmers and vendors and good eating.
It will be a much better party if you come to the MIFM Benefit “For the Love of Food”, Just 1 week away, Sunday May 19, 6-9 at Aljoya Mercer Island.
Purchase tickets, $50 each, online at Tickets or send a check with guest names to MIFM, P.O. Box 71, Mercer Island, WA 98040, T
Hard sell: Vendor fees only cover 2/3 of the MIFM costs. We hold one annual benefit a year to help ends meet. We have NO government funds to support us!
Soft sell: We will have great food, live music and a lot very fun people. There will be some wonderful items for raffle and silent auction, e.g. hot air balloon rides, homemade pies and desserts, Salish Lodge and other wonderful getaway destinations, fine wines, beer lovers package and lots of ideas for cooking and gardening.
Join us for the “For the Love of Food” Benefit on Sunday May 19th, 2013, 6-9 at Aljoya Mercer Island. Enjoy little plates, desserts, wine and beer while mingling with friends and enjoying live music. Where possible, ingredients will be gathered from MIFM farmers and vendors. Support MIFM by bidding at the silent auction.
Help us continue to offer the highest quality farmers market with educational and community building events. Tickets are $50.00 each; click on the green Tickets, below, to purchase your tickets. Thanks!
If you can’t join us, consider a donation, thanks!
We have tents! We have warm things to drink! So don’t miss the last Mercer Island Farmers Market of the season, enhanced with Arts & Crafts!
More Things to Eat (In addition to the Vendors listed in previous post)
- Ms. Margie’s Sweet Potato Pies, tested and approved by MIFM board members
- Rainier Cranberries, definitely come early for the freshest cranberries
- Rusty’s Famous Cheesecake ‘bite sized’ and family sized
- Hedlin Farms is bringing so much for your Harvest dinners: potatoes, onions, shallots, leeks, winter squash, pie pumpkins, carrots, eggplants, beets & herbs.
- Camp Robber Jam with unusual flavor twists, try as a sweeter for squash
- Caravan Crepes: From savory to sweet
- Island Apiaries, not sure if the Queen will be visiting
- Kittitas Vally Greenhouse brings anamazing variety of tomatoes
- Martin Family Orchard Apple & pears and more
- Maninis Gluten Free Bakery: Breads, muffins and more
- Piccola Wine: So handy to have two bottles in one fun bag
- Snohomish Bakery: Great pastries, bread & more
- Trevani Truffles Amazing flavors enrobed in chocolate
Arts & Crafts
- Joan Jevnikar – Jewelry (MIVAL Table)
- Lillian Broekhoven- Aprons & Wreaths (MIVAL Table)
- Marianne Bond – Hats (MIVAL Table)
- Mary Chalker – Gift Boxes (MIVAL Table)
- Susanne Foster – Fiber scarves, straw stars, gift bags, calendars (MIVAL Table)
- Pia Messina – Paintings, dishes & scarves (MIVAL Table)
- Joan Johnson – Glass Art
- Leslie West – Studio Adlib- Found stuff creations
- Wish Poosh Designs– Wood & glass art, indoor & garden
Join us Sunday, 10-3, for the last Mercer Island Farmers Market of the year. Warm up with cocoa and cider in the hospitality tent. Many of your favorite vendors are coming this Sunday to help you with your Thanksgiving Dinner and autumn meals.
- Collins Family Orchard: apples, pears & plums
- Crown S Ranch: Beef, Lamb, Pork & Poultry (sorry no turkeys left)
- Little Brown Farm : Assorted artisan goat cheeses
- Olsen Farms: 15+ variety of potatoes, featuring smoked ham and rack of lamb for those special holiday meals in addition to their other meats
- Middlefork Coffee Roasters will be offering: Free coffee samples, All 7 of the regular blends, decaf, and a NEW HOLIDAY BLEND and Travel Mugs. Pre-order 5# bulk bags of coffee for the holiday season, $50 each. To order call 206.375.1368,Orders will need to be in by Thursday for pick up on Sunday.
- Pinckney Cookies & Jonboy Caramels bringing their amazing sweet treats.
- Theo Dorres Teas offering a special HOLIDAY BLEND in addition to her unusual hand mixed teas and tisanes.
- Tonnemaker Family Orchard CIDER!, apples, pears and squash and FROZEN: sweet cherries, peaches, nectarines dried peppers & tomatoes
- Not a complete list, more vendors coming
GIFT CERTIFICATES – Stop by the Information Booth to purchase gift certificates for next year’s Mercer Island Farmers Market. Sold in $10 denominations & good for purchases from any vendor.
- Artists from MIVAL will be bringing an assortment of beautiful items for gift giving (or keeping!).
- Artist Leslie West with a love for recycled wares and great style brings containers, bags and other surprises.
- Artist Joni Johnson is bringing an assortment of her wonderful glass art.
- There will be more beautifully made objects to discover such such as outdoor garden art & wooden bowls.
LUNCH OF COURSE!
- Veraci Pizza is shaking it up with a NEW CREATION IN HONOR OF VERACI FANS ON MI! The “Mercer Islander”: Grilled Yukon Gold Potatoes, Panchetta, Parmesan-Chive Ricotta on a Roasted Garlic Base with Three Cheese Blend
- Other favorites returning are Buns On Wheels, Got Soup & Patty Pan Grill
NEW -> A Gluten Free Prepared Food Vendor – I Love My GFF – with mouthwatering quinoa bowls. Check out the Fiesta Bowl! Quinoa layered pepitas, cilantro, fresh squeezed lime, cumin, black beans, spice rubbed free-range chicken, fresh cut red bell peppers and green onions, topped with avocado, topped with sharp cheddar cheese and toasted pepita.